How To Change Address With The Australian Tax Office (ATO)

Change Your Address With The ATO

Whether you’re moving home or your business, it’s no small task. With so many things to think about, informing outside parties and organisations may just slip your mind. From service providers, utilities and local authorities, there’s a lot to keep track of.
One of these necessary authorities is the Australian Tax Office.

So, if you’re looking to change your address, either as an individual or a business here’s what you need to do:

Table Of Contents


For Individuals

For individuals, the process is quite a bit simpler than it is for business. All you need to do is visit ATO , follow the instructions you see there, and fill in the form. You can even add or update a legal representative, but this will require you to nominate them. You can see more about that here.

Many personal details can also be updated online such as your:

For Businesses

Commercials and businesses that want to change their address with the ATO have a little more work to do. For starters, they must notify the ATO about any relevant changes in their circumstances, such as key personal, business activities, or if the organisation is going to be shut down.

Other things to notify the ATO

Also, you are required by law to inform the Registrar of the Australian Business Register within 28 days of any changes in your registered details, including:

You can update your details here

Related Change of Address Articles

Need More Information?

We have lots of resources here at ZOOM to help you with your move. Pick from any of the down below to help you make your move as stress-free as possible;

And, as always, if you have any questions about moving interstate and how we can help you, simply call us or use our contact us page


In A Hurry? Leave Your Number

Get Unlimited FREE Boxes

Learn more
It appears you're using an old version of Internet Explorer for safer and optimum browsing experience please upgrade your browser.