Before a house move, one of the most time-consuming, tiring, and stressful tasks is packing. You need to sort your possessions, declutter, and prepare your packing materials. This includes cartons, packing tape, packing peanuts, bubble wrap, packing paper, box cutters, and markers.
While the uses of these different packing supplies are clear-cut, some people get a little lost when it comes to packing paper and bubble wrap. Can one be used as a substitute for the other? Is bubble wrap better than packing paper?
To answer these questions, let’s take a closer look at each packing material:
You may have played with bubble wrap when you were a child, popping the raised air-filled tiny dimples to while away the time. But, of course, bubble wrap is a useful, versatile packing material. Among its advantages and uses are the following:
- It’s durable, lightweight, versatile, and can be used to secure oddly-shaped items such as art pieces, figurines, accessories, toys, and protruding furniture parts.
- It can be used for wrapping sensitive or scratch-prone items such as smartphones and other electronic devices.
- It’s used to protect very fragile items such as lamps, long-stemmed glasses, chinaware, and vases.
- It can be used to provide additional cushioning for larger and heavier fragile items.
The only downside with bubble wrap is that it’s made of plastic, but you can easily make up for this by reusing it several times.
Packing paper is a popular packing material as it also has several applications and provides certain advantages.
- It is highly recommended for wrapping delicate items such as china, wood finishes and fine artwork).
- It can be wrapped snuggly around each item to provide protection against scratches, dirt and dust.
- It is lightweight and easy to use.
- It can be crumpled up and used as a filler for items placed inside cartons.
- It is made of paper that’s recyclable, so it’s a green option.
- It is cheap and can be found virtually everywhere.
One disadvantage of using paper is that it can get torn quite easily if it is not properly reinforced.
Bubble wrap and packing paper sometimes overlap in some of their uses, while also having clear and specific uses on their own. So, for an efficient packing process, be sure to have both ready and on hand.
Moving house, soon? We are leading furniture removalists in Sydney and can provide you with standard quality packing supplies and professional removals services.
Get in touch with our friendly team to discuss your needs.
Need Free Moving and Packing Boxes?
Zoom Removals offer the chance to borrow unlimited boxes 7 days before. Learn more here.